Perfume is one of those things that is very personal to each person and can smell completely different on each and every person. So when choosing a present for someone who loves perfume do you brave it and pick a perfume and just hope they like it? OR! Is their an alternative, a perfume bottle… You may say well perfume already comes in a bottle and their are some lovely bottles but a bottle that is truly unique to that person which no one else with the same perfume will have, well if thats not the perfect present for a perfume lover, then i don’t know what is!
I recently bought this perfume bottle from an art gallery near me, The Biscuit Factorywith a gift voucher a friend had bought me. I really love the middle of it as it reminds me of an abstract heart and every time I see it in my room it brings a smile to my face, and every time I use it my perfume feels one hundred times more luxurious. So weather its a gift for someone else or just a sneaky treat for yourself why not invest in a beautiful bottle, I promise you won’t regret it!
This year I planned a road trip across the states of California and Nevada in America. As America is Much! Much! Much! Bigger! than Britain one of the things I had to plan for when deciding on my two week adventure, was the weather changes. My first destination was San Francisco which was hot in the day but by night when the sun went down it could become very cold. I then went along the coast following the Big Sur. The weather felt cold because there was strong winds however in-fact it was very hot, which I found out later when I realised I was gradually turning redder and redder! Then I finished off in Las Vegas which was extremely hot being in the middle of a desert. So looking at my itinerary made packing seem like mission impossible. How could I possibly cover all eventualities while keeping under the airline restrictions? Then I had a lightbulb moment…multi-use! If I could use things in more than one way, I wouldn’t need to pack as much. So I got creative thinking of all the possible combinations and how I could use and re-use stuff!
In the outfit above I wore a simple shirt dress with gold buttons from Oasis, which could easily be dressed down for day with trainers and dressed up for night by belting it and adding some statement jewellery and sparkly sandals or heels. To save the weight of a heavy belt in my luggage I used the chain strap on my mulberry Lily bag as a belt in the night and used it to hold my bag in the day. I used my Gold Chanel sunglass case in the night as a clutch. My gold gladiators were a must for me as lots of my trip took place in the countryside where heels weren’t very practical as they would end up sinking into the ground. Where as the gladiators were flat so practical but didn’t sacrifice on style as the gold shimmer added the perfect touch of glamour. As for my makeup I used bare minerals foundation and blusher and Rimmel’s Argon oil mascara. I used Stilla’s gold cream shadow on my eyes, lips and highlight to save on packing space. So just remember one word when packing for your holidays…multi-use!
After a stressfull week I find the best way to distress is to have a pamper day. So I thought I would share with you my pamper routine:
Time for a relaxing bath
1. First I change into my favourite PJ’s and put my slipers and silk dressing gown on.
2. I run a hot bath, I like to use bath bomb and bubble bath products from lush because they smell soooo good! My favourite lush product at the moment is the magic wand which you swirl around in your bath, it makes bubbles, it smells of bubble gum and best of all it turns your bath pink.
3. I light some candles and put some relaxing music on, I have a pink duck radio that bobs in the water which blasts out my favourite tunes, its super cute.
5. I apply Soap and Glorys’ no clogs allowed self heating face mask, and Clinique sparkle skin body exfoliator. Then I wash it off in the shower and when I get out I use moisturising creme soufflé with extracts of mango, jojoba and red seaweed by Sanctuary Spa it leaves your skin feeling perfecto silky soft.
6. I paint my nails in the colour I am going to base my outfits on for the weekend. This Saturday evening I am going to a concert with my friends and I am planning on wearing a gold metallic skirt so I painted my nails in the colour God Save the Queen Gold by Maybeline.